Another successful EPP event in collaboration with
Alliance Life Sciences.
We were pleased to welcome at the tables some passionate pricing and market access leaders from the Pharma and MedTech industry:
Amgen /Becton Dickinson/ALK Abelló/ Sonova AG/Edwards Lifesciences/ Biogen/ Roche Diagnostics/ Ferring International Center S.A/Novartis Oncology/Teva Olympus Europa SE & CO. KG/ Baxter Healthcare SA/…
“The topics were focused and relevant.” “Good, the meeting was very valuable and fully met my expectations.”
“It was great to have small focused groups with others that are experts in the field.”
“Very interesting attendees with diverse companies and backgrounds at the table; good introductory presentations, interesting topics that were discussed in groups
“All presentations were interesting and well prepared.”
“I liked the focus. I do not think we could do more within the timeframe.”
Key themes discussed on the tables
- The European MedTech pricing environment is likely to become increasingly challenging:
- Healthcare spending in the EU28 overall has increased only with GDP for the last 5 years
- What increases have occurred have come from direct patient payments
- An increasingly aging population will drive increasing focus on cost-reduction
- Pricing in the MedTech industry will need to take a value-based and pragmatic approach
- Understand the source of value (cost reduction, patient benefit, other) and implications for pricing
- Design a ‘price architecture’ that captures a fair share of value delivered
- Assess the impact of innovation on multiple healthcare stakeholders (patients, providers,
payers and society)
- New technologies will create both opportunities and challenges: increased the need for well-designed pricing architectures, effective price decision-making and price monitoring.
- Bringing together 30 pricing and market access leaders from the Pharma and MedTech industry. Together we want to initiate a thought leadership dialogue on emerging pricing and commercial topics in the global Life Sciences market.
- At the end of the day we’re able to determine together a number of trends, which are essential for tackling the current pricing challenges and solutions in the global Life Sciences Market in 2017 and beyond.
- These prominent developments are laying the foundation for the agenda of the upcoming 7th EPP Life Sciences Forum to be organised again in the wonderful city of Montreux. For more information on the upcoming EPP Life Sciences Forum, click here
From Els, the conference manager :
A big thank you to all attendees who made this event a success!
Join our next great Life Sciences Pricing Event in Montreux!
Become a participant in the European Pricing Platform community!
1 BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
With more than 1000 minutes of network opportunity, you have plenty of time to connect with pricing colleagues from all over Europe.
We stimulate an atmosphere of discussion and interaction, the best way to learn.
3 LEARN FROM THE BEST
A carefully selected speaking team of top pricing professionals, all active within your industry. No general talk, but only to-the point and useful presentations.
4 REFLECT & PRACTICE
Reflect on your key priorities and how to make it really happen ! Translate your key learnings into real change.
EPP - together with its Founding Partner Alliance Life Sciences - focus on bringing together an exclusive group of pricing related professionals of the Life Sciences industries to create a one-of-a-kind learning and networking experience. To be able to achieve this, EPP invites only top level speakers, who are each of them experts in their domains. Judge for yourself!
Oliver van Zon, International Pricing Director at Amgen
Strong interactive format with participants driving the break-out topics!
“This is a really good environment to be in.”
Klaas Postema, Executive Director Market Access at Actavis
I’m open to the discussion to sharpen the mind. This is a really good environment to be in.
“It’s much more lively and interactive!”
Madalina Preda, European Pricing Supervisor at Corning BV
It is much more lively and focussed on burning issues in the Life Science markets.
Meet pricing decision makers from:
The Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel is located in the vibrant Zurich West quarter, 5 minutes from downtown Zurich and 15 minutes from Zurich Airport. Enjoy the expertise and business services only Renaissance can offer.
Turbinenstrasse 20 – 8005 Zurich – Switzerland
t: +41 44 630 3030 f: +41 44 630 33 33
It's been well-documented for years now: healthcare costs keep rising, straining private and public budgets, poorer patients can’t get access to necessary care, while the better-off receive unnecessary treatment, and everyone complains about the lousy system and high prices, but nothing really changes.
This unique event is organised by the European Pricing Platform together with its Founding Partner Alliance Life Sciences.